Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Preparedness – TEEX MGT-439
March 15, 2023 @ 7:30 am - March 16, 2023 @ 5:00 pmFree
This course prepares students to effectively, appropriately, and safely plan for and respond to a disaster incident involving children, addressing the specific needs of pediatric patients in the event of a community based-incident. Pediatric specific planning considerations include mass sheltering, pediatric-triage, reunification planning and pediatric decontamination considerations. This is not a hands-on technical course, but instead a management resource course for stakeholders like pediatric physicians, emergency managers, emergency planners, and members of public emergency departments like EMS, Fire, Police, Public Health, and Hospitals in field of disaster response and preparedness work.
None. However, familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) via completion of study courses IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 (or equivalents) is recommended
Course Completion Requirements
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Introduction to Pediatric Response
- Emergency Management (EM) Considerations
- Implications for Planning and Response
- Functional Access Needs Considerations
- Mass Sheltering
- Pediatric Triage and Allocation of Scarce Resources
- Pediatric Reunification Considerations
- Pediatric Decontamination Considerations
- Community and Hospital-based Emergency Managers
- EMS Personnel
- Hospital Administration and Emergency Room Personnel
- Public Safety/ Public Health Personnel
- School Administrators
- MRC Personnel
- Private Sector
- Law Enforcement
- Disaster Response/ Relief Personnel
- County, State, and Federal personnel who respond to a local jurisdiction disaster event
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 1.6 IACET CEUs
Room & Board as follows;