- This event has passed.
The Implementation and Utilization of Threat Assessment and Management Teams in Healthcare Settings
June 20, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Healthcare settings are becoming less immune to threats within the workplace setting. Understanding the difference between a “risk” and a “threat” are critical. We too often spend time identifying a risk and less time on understanding what to do when the risk becomes real. Join us for a day learning more about the difference, identifying behaviors indicating a threat and finally what steps can be taken to handle the threat.
This workshop is open to all coalition members with emphasis on healthcare settings.
1. Identify behavioral differences among various forms of violence.
2. Distinguish between threat and risk assessment-management models
3. Identify and operationalize warning behaviors.
4. Identify relevant risk assessment tools applicable to healthcare workplace settings.
5. Identify practice tools for threat management and intervention for healthcare workplace settings.
Presenter: Kostas A. Katsavdakis, PhD, ABPP
Diplomate in Forensic Psychology
American Board of Professional Psychology